Friday, December 2, 2011

First Post: Welcom to Mormon Thought and Opinion

Welcome to Mormon Thought and Opinion! I decided to create this blog as an outlet for all my personal thoughts and opinions about Mormonism or more correctly The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
A little about myself; I am a convert. I joined the church when I was 13. So, in a sense I don’t consider myself a convert because this is the only church I have ever belonged to. I was born in the Midwest and have spent most of my life in the Midwest or the east coast. I am married to a wonderful albeit less active woman. We have no children (yet) other than our dog, a three-year-old Great Dane. I have always considered myself a faithful member of the church even though I do have my occasional stumbles and doubts.
My Goal for this blog is to provide an outlet for all my unedited thoughts and opinions about my religion and life in general. Good, bad, unflattering, and uplifting, it’s all going to be included. I hope to give a real life picture of the average (or perhaps not so average) Mormon. I hope to discuss many topics, ranging from general doctrine, temples, and general social politics.
Finally, welcome and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment